9.2 Overriding Employee Level Benefits Deductions
Purpose: Use this document to override employee-level benefit deductions for Payroll in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrators.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Use the Override Benefits Deductions page to specify overrides to benefit deductions at the employee level.
Override Benefit Deductions
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Deductions > Override Benefits Deductions
- The Override Benefits Deductions search page displays.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Override Benefits Deductions page displays.
- Use the Deductions Taken list to indicate how to take benefit deductions for this employee. The default value is No Override. Selections made on this page override the values entered for the pay run in the Benefit Deductions Taken field on the Pay Calendar table.
- Select the Deductions Taken from the drop-down menu:
- Deduction Table Governs: Select this value to process the standard benefit deductions for this employee as set up on the Deduction table.
- Deduction Table Subset Governs: Select this value to take only those benefit deductions included in the Deduction Subset you specify in the Deduction Subset ID field.
- No Override: This is the default value. If this is unchanged, the deductions specified on the Pay Calendar table are not overridden on the paysheet at this stage in deductions override evaluation processing.
- None: Select this value if no benefit deductions should be taken out of the paycheck.
- Select the Deduction Subset ID, if applicable.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to override employee level benefits is now complete.
- End of procedure.
Add your comment