9.2 Processing an Overpayment Recovery (Check Cashed by Employee)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing an overpayment where the check has been cashed by the employee. In ctcLink, the recovery is for the either the full amount of the overpayment or a partial recovery over multiple pay periods.
Audience: Payroll Administrators.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- <there are no college-assignable roles>
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
NOTE: In this scenario the original check issued has been cashed. The full amount of the recovery will come out of the employee’s next paycheck.
IMPORTANT: To recover an overpayment over multiple pay periods, divide the total overpayment gross amount by the number of pay periods to recover from and manually enter the recovery amount each pay period until the full amount has been recovered.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline
- The By Payline search page displays.
- Enter or select the Company.
- Enter Pay Period End Date.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The By Payline page displays.
- On the Payline tab, confirm the employee has enough positive earnings to recover the amount of the overpayment by reviewing the Payline Details section earnings information.
- Select the Add a Row [+] button.
- Check the OK to Pay checkbox, if not already selected.
- Enter the Earnings Begin and Earnings End dates.
- Select the Code lookup icon Other Earnings section and select the appropriate earnings code.
- Enter the negative Hours if necessary.
- Enter the negative earnings in the Amount field in the .
- Select the Save button.
- The overpayment recovery process has been successfully completed.
- End of procedure.