9.2 Managing Exceptions for Time and Labor
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to manage exceptions for Time and Labor in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrators, Time and Labor Administrators.
Exceptions are generated when the Time and Labor Administration process runs.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ TL Process Time
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Time and Labor > View Time > Exceptions
- The Exceptions search page displays.
- Enter applicable Selection Criterion Values or leave blank to return all values.
- Select the Get Employees button.
- Search Results display.
- The ideal results would contain no exceptions.
- If exceptions are shown in Search Results, select the Filtering Options expand button and filter the appropriate information.
- Choose the Select button to update the results.
- Select the Save button.
- From the Overview tab, review the Exceptions section.
- Exceptions that have an exception level of High cannot be processed as payable time.
- Medium and Low exceptions can be processed, but will remain on the exception list.
- Select the Allow checkbox next to each exception if they should be processed in the payroll run.
- Exceptions with the Severity of High will have the Allow checkbox grayed out until they are resolved.
- Select the Details tab to view details about the exception.
- The Details tab displays,
- Select the Explanation link on the right side of the screen to view additional information about the exception.
- The Exception Explained pagelet displays.
- Select the Return button.
- Select the Save button when complete.
- The process to manage exceptions in time and labor is now complete.
- End of procedure.
Add your comment