9.2 Entering Optional Payroll Processing Information
Purpose: Use this document to enter optional payroll processing information in ctcLink.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Processing
- ZZ SS Payroll
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Enter Optional Payroll Processing Information
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Update Payroll Options
- The Update Payroll Options search page displays.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Update Payroll Options page displays.
- Use the Payroll Options 1 tab to enter paycheck delivery options and distribution mail options for the employee.
- The option selected in the Paycheck Delivery Option area is used by the check print program to indicate what address to print under the employee's name on the check stub.
- Select the Postal Service radio button.
- To send checks to the employees mailing address, use the Mailing Address option. The system automatically displays data from the employee's personal data in PeopleSoft Human Resources for the address type selected.
- Select the Mailing Address radio button.
- Select the Payroll Options 2 tab.
- The Payroll Options 2 page displays.
- Use the Deductions Taken list to indicate how to take deductions for this employee. Selections made on this page override the values entered for the pay run in the General Deductions Taken field on the Pay Calendar table.
- Select the Deductions Taken drop-down menu list. Deductions Taken list values include:
- Deduction Table Governs: Select this value to process the standard general deductions for this employee as set up on the Deduction table.
- Deduction Table Subset Governs: Select this value to take only those general deductions included in the deduction subset that you specify in the Deduction Subset ID field.
- No Override: This is the default value. If this is unchanged, the deductions that are specified on the Pay Calendar table are not overridden on the paysheet at this stage in deduction override evaluation processing.
- None: Select this value if no general deductions should be taken out of the paycheck.
- Select the Deduction Table Governs list item.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to enter optional payroll process information is now complete.
- End of procedure.