9.2 Creating an Online Check (Check Simulation)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create an online check (for simulations only) in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Payroll Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
ctcLink Payroll for North America enables you to calculate, view, and print a single employee check interactively online.
To process single checks: first, verify that the system is configured for online check printing. Second, assign a pay run ID to the appropriate pay calendar—this is required to access the Create Online Check page. Third, enter data on the Create Online Check page. Fourth, view results of the calculation on the Review/Print Online Check page. You may then proceed in one of three ways:
- Confirm and print the check.
- Click the Change Data button to return to the Create Online Check page to make changes.
- Delete the check.
NOTE: This process will generate a live check payment. You MUST delete the online check that generates at the end of this process if you don’t want this to pay.
Creating an Online Check (for simulation only)
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create Online Checks > Create Online Check
- The Create Online Check search page displays.
- Enter the Pay Period End Date.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The following message screen may appear. If you wish to use the Paysheet Creation process to create data for this employee for online use, select Yes. Otherwise, select No.
- NOTE: Select this option to bring in existing pay data for the calculation.
- Another message displays asking for confirmation to load available time.
- At the message to load available Time & Labor, select No.
- For Filter Options, leave this blank and select OK.
- The Create Online Check page displays.
NOTE: If the employee has approved time, it will be loaded into the online check. It will not be processed on their actual check.
- Enter the Check Date and Check Number (Or let the system create the check number and leave the field blank.).
- Check the OK to Pay box.
- Make any changes needed or select the Add a Row (+) button to add additional pay data.
- Enter Other Earnings, select the Code, enter the rate or amount (not both), if needed.
- Select the Save and Calculate button to see the results of the check.
- To view the detailed Earnings, Deductions and Taxes, select the section icon to expand the details.
- DO NOT select the Confirm and Print button. Use the print screen option to print.
- Once the results are reviewed, select the Delete button to delete the check data.
IMPORTANT: If the online check is not deleted here, an additional check will generate for this employee when the actual payroll process is run for all employees, causing this employee to be paid twice.
- The process to create an online check is now complete.
- End of procedure.