9.2 Create PrePay Deductions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the custom process that calculates PrePay deductions. This process can be run in ctcLink multiple times but only needs to run once unless changes are made to prepay data.
Audience: Payroll Administrators.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Payroll Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Run the Create PrePay Deductions Process
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > CTC Custom > CTC Processes > Create PrePay Deductions
- The Create PrePay Deductions search page displays.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID on the Find an Existing Value tab, or select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID.
- Select the Search or Add button, depending on the tab chosen.
- The Create PrePay Deductions process parameters page displays.
- The Run Control ID displays based on the initial input.
- As of February 2023, the Process Request Parameters for this process is by Pay Run ID only.
NOTE: This process is no longer run by Company and Pay Period End Date.
Enter or select the Pay Run ID.
- Click the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- If the Server Name field is empty, enter or select PSUNX.
- Be sure the Select check box for the process is turned on.
- Select the OK button.
- The Create PrePay Deductions page displays.
- Make note of the Process Instance number, and click the Process Monitor link.
- The Process Monitor page displays.
- From the Process List tab, select the Refresh button until the Run Status field is Success and the Distribution Status field is Posted.
- Click the Details link.
- The Process Detail page displays.
- Click the View Log/Trace link.
- The View Log/Trace page displays.
- The log files are in the File List section of the page.
- Click the PREPAY_DEDUCTION_ProcessInstanceNumber.log link.
- Be sure to look at both logs for information.
- A new window will open for each .log link.
- Research and resolve any messages displayed in log.
- If there are any errors in the log file, contact the HCM Support Team by way of submitting a ticket.
- Close the tab to close the file.
The procedure to run the Create PrePay Deductions process is complete.
End of procedure.