9.2 Creating PDF Advice Forms
Purpose: Use this document to create direct deposit advice forms in PDF for printing and self-service viewing in ctcLink.
NOTE: The pay data from the current pay run is visible to employees in self service as soon as pay confirmation is run. Running the BI Publisher PDF creation process uses the Paycheck Availability fields on the Paycheck Options Table page for the PDF paycheck/advice to determine when the PDF advice is viewable in self service.
Audience: Payroll staff.
This process should be run after SBCTC Central Payroll has completed the post-confirm processing on a global level for the current payroll. The process can be run multiple times. When you run it for prior pay periods, it will re-create the PDF available in employee self-service.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Payroll Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create Direct Deposits > Create PDF Advice Forms
- The Create PDF Advice Forms search page displays.
- If you are a first-time user of this process, you must create a Run Control ID specific to this process. The steps are as follows:
- Select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- Do not include spaces in your Run Control; you will receive a message, "Invalid Run Control ID. (65,33) The entered Run Control ID is not valid. Because this field is passed as a single parameter, it cannot contain embedded spaces."
- Run Control IDs cannot be deleted.
- Follow your college naming conventions. If there are currently no conventions, we encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; therefore, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA260_CR8_PDF_ADV_FORM_JL (Lake Washington, Create PDF Advice Form, User Initials)
- Select the Add button.
- The Create PDF Advice Forms page displays.
- Enter the Pay Run ID or select from lookup icon.
- By default, the Both radio button is enabled, that is acceptable.
The other options are On-Cycle only or Off-Cycle only.
- Use the Self Service Availability Override section if there is a reason to change the default value for the timing of when direct deposit advices become available for employee viewing in self-service. Each College/Pay Group combination is established in the system Paycheck Options Table containing the Paycheck Availability value (Days from Check Date). To override, enter the number of days prior to pay day that you want the employees to be able to view the payroll information in employee self-service.
Options: (Referring to the Payroll Processing Timeline may be able to assist in determining the appropriate number)
- Enter 0 to make self-service advices available on the check date entered on the pay calendar for the pay run.
- Enter a negative number to make self-service paychecks available the specified number of days before the check date entered on the pay calendar.
- Enter a positive number to make self-service paychecks available the specified number of days after the check date entered on the pay calendar.
NOTE: Always use a negative to indicate days prior to pay day.
If you receive the following warning message, select OK to close and go back to Create PDF Advice Forms page.
IMPORTANT! If you do not select the OK to confirm the override, the process removes what was entered for the override and uses the values from the Setup Options!
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- In the Process List section, the Select checkbox should be enabled (by default), make sure it is.
- The Description Print US Direct Deposit Advice is a link that will display the individual processes that make up the PSJob.
- Select the OK button.
- The Create PDF Advice Forms page returns.
- Make note of the Process Instance number. Select the Process Monitor link.
- The Process Monitor page displays.
- Select the Refresh button occasionally until the Run Status = Success and the Distribution Status = Posted.
- At that point, select the Process Name hyperlink PYDDAUSA.
- The Process Detail page displays with the PSJob process status.
- Select the hyperlink for the DDP003 process (first in the list).
- The Process Detail for the DDP003 process displays.
- Select the View Log/Trace link.
- The View Log/Trace page displays.
- In the File List section of the page, select the ddp003 output file.
- The Payroll Advice Print ".out" file displays.
- The Pay Run ID used to run the process is listed, along with the start and end times of the process.
- Of particular interest, the number of Total Advices is listed and the Total Net Pay of those advices is listed.
- The process to Create PDF Advice Forms has successfully run.
- End of procedure.