9.2 Assigning Enrollment Appointments in Batch
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for assigning enrollment appointments in batch in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SR Student Appoint Inquiry
- ZZ SR Enroll Term Processing
- ZZ SR Student Appointment
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Enrollment and validation appointments allow an institution to allocate time periods for student self-service enrollment and enrollment planning.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Appointments > Assign Appointments
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab and create a new Run Control ID.
- Select the Add button. (e.g. 171_ENROLL_APPT_A).
- On the Assign Appointments page, enter the request parameters to define the processing rules and data for this process.
- Academic Institution: Institution code.
- Academic Career: Enter or lookup (e.g. UGRD for Undergraduate).
- Term: Enter or lookup (e.g. 2177 for Fall 2017).
- Process Mode: Select Add Appointments to create student appointments, or Delete Appointments to remove appointments previously created.
- Session: Select from the drop-down (e.g. Regular Academic Session).
Student Appointment Block: Enter or lookup.
- The student appointment blocks must be added to the Assign Appointments screen in descending order of priority, the system will assign a student the first appointment in the list of student blocks that the student is eligible for.
- Select Override Block Priorities to override set up on the Student Appointment Block set-up table.
- Select Enrollment or Validation in Appointment Type.
- Enrollment appointments: Time periods students can enroll.
- Validation appointments: Pre-enrollment time periods where students can verify that planned enrollment works within the schedule for the given term. (e.g. no time conflicts, courses are scheduled, etc.)
- Appointment Limit ID: Enter or look up the code from the Appointment Limit table.
Appointment Limit IDs are created on the Appointment Limits Table page (Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Appointments > Appointment Limits Table).
- Appointment Block: Enter or look up the code defined from the Student Appointment Block table.
Student Appointment Blocks are created on the Student Appointment Blocks page (Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Appointments > Student Appointment Block).
- Appointment Number To/From: Select the range of appointment numbers.
- Select the Run button.
- On the Process Scheduler Request page, select the process on the list and then select the OK button.
- Select the Process Monitor link. The process may take time to run based on quantity of records processed.
Notice a Process Instance number has been generated.
You can rerun the process for students who were not assigned an appointment. Select the Do not Allow Multiple Appts—checkbox before you rerun the process.
- Select the Refresh button on the Process List page to update the process Run Status until the run status displays as "Success" and the Distribution Status displays as "Posted."
- Process complete.
QCS_SR_REGSTR_STDNTS--Returns all students who have valid Enrollment Appointments for a given Institution and Term.
QCS_SR_ENR_APT_STDNT_CNT-- Returns a count of students who have their earliest appointment at the specified time. Allows staff to plan for traffic during priority enrollment. Includes option to see number of students enrolled in a prompted term during each time slot.
QCS_SR_STDNT_REG_APT_CONTACT--Returns a contact list of students who have a scheduled registration appointment. This query will be used to identify students who need to be contacted via email or text to be reminded of their upcoming registration appointment.
QCS_SR_STDN_ENR_AP_EMAIL--Returns a list of students with emails.