9.2 Recording One-Time Paysheet Deductions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for recording One-Time Paysheet Deductions in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ SS Payroll
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Important: Any deductions entered in the One Time Paysheet Deductions area will only be applied to the current payroll processing cycle.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline Security
- The By Payline Security search page displays.
- Enter or select the appropriate Company.
- Enter or select the appropriate Paygroup.
- Enter or select the appropriate Pay Period End Date.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Optional: Enter the Name.
- Select the Search button.
- The By Payline Security page displays.
- If there are multiple lines for the employee, make sure you are adding the One-Time Deduction to the line that has the “Ok to Pay” selected.
- If there are no available paylines with the “Ok to Pay” field selected, then select the “Ok to Pay” field within the “Payline” tab and be sure to remove any Reg Hours and Reg Salary in the “Earnings” section if they shouldn’t be paid.
- Select the One-Time Deductions tab.
- In the Deductions area, the default selection is Deduction for Benefit Deductions Taken and General Deductions Taken.
- In the One-Time Deduction Data Override area, select the Plan Type. For this example the selection is General Deduction.
Note: If there is an existing entry in the One-Time Deduction Data Override section, you can add another transaction by selecting the “+” option.
- Enter the Deduction Code or select it from the search lookup icon.
- Enter the Deduction Class or select it from the search lookup icon.
- Enter the amount of the deduction in the Flat/Addl Amount field.
- Enter the One-Time Code from the drop down selection.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to record one-time paysheet deductions is now complete.
- End of procedure.