9.2 Adjusting Special Accumulator Balances
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to adjust special accumulator balances in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Specialists.
ou must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Data Maintenance
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > Periodic Payroll Events USA > Balance Adjustments > Special Accumulators
- The Special Accumulators search page displays.
- Enter the desired information into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Special Accumulator Balances page displays.
- Enter the required balance information to identify the special accumulator for which a user adjusts balances on the Adjust Special Accum Balance 1 page.
- Enter the desired information into the Company field.
- Select the Balance ID field.
- In the Balance ID field, identify the type of balance being adjusted, such as calendar year, fiscal year, and so forth.
- Enter the desired information into the Balance ID field.
- Select in the Year field.
- Enter the desired information into the Year field.
- Select the Period field.
- In the Period field, identify the period within the Balance ID that is to be adjusted. For example, if the calendar year and the fiscal year span different time periods, September would be period 9 for the calendar year and could be period 1 for the fiscal year.
- Enter the desired information into the Period field.
- Select in the Special Accumulator field.
- Use the Special Accumulator field to enter the defined code for the special accumulator that is being identified, such as 403 (b) or TSP.
- Enter the desired information into the Special Accumulator field.
- Select in the Reason for Adjustment field.
- Text a user enters in the Reason for Adjustment field becomes part of the adjustment record and audit trail.
- Enter the desired information into the Reason for Adjustment field, i.e., Adjust Q4 403 (b) plan.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Adjust Special Accum Balance2 tab.
- The Adjust Special Accum Balance2 page displays.
- To adjust the special accumulator balance for an employee, a paycheck year-to-date balance must exist for that employee. When a user saves the Adjust Special Accum Balance 1 page, if the year-to-date balance does not exist, the system displays a message indicating so.
- For this example, the check balance for this employee exists - Select the OK button.
- After entries are saved, the Adjust Special Accum Balance 2 page appears.
- NOTE: A user must first save the entries on the Balance 1 page before a user can make entries on this page.
- Use the Adjust Special Accum Balance 2 page to change special accumulator balances.
- Select in the Current Month-to-Date field.
- Enter the desired information into the Current Month-to-Date field. Enter a valid value, i.e., 480.00.
- If the page is saved now, the system will calculate the values and return the user immediately to the previous page, without giving the user a chance to view the updated values. If a user wants to view the updated values before leaving the page, then select the tab button in the Current Month-to-Date field, select the Tab button and Tab out of the field to get the updated balance.
- If a user enters an Adjustment Month-to-Date value, the system calculates the new Current-Month-to-Date value. If a user enters a new Current Month-to-Date value, the system calculates the Adjustment to Month-to-Date value.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to adjust special accumulator balances is now complete.
- End of procedure.